Copyright © 2014 All rights reserved
BODYBALANCE™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.
Improve your joint flexibility and range of movement
Increase your core strength
Improve your cardio-vascular function
Reduce your stress levels
Provide a lasting sense of well-being and calm
Focus your mind and raise your level of consciousness through controlled breathing
Each class is made up of 45 minutes of simple but challenging exercises, followed by 10 minutes of relaxation and meditation.
1. Tai Chi Warmup Uses easy, flowing moves from this ancient Chinese exercise discipline to let you leave your day behind, center yourself and warm your body.
2. Sun Salutations A traditional yoga sequence is used in this section to warm your body more deeply, stretching and strengthening key muscle groups.
3. Yoga Standing Strength Poses such as warrior pose and triangle pose strengthen and tone your body.
4. Balances Uses your powers of concentration to meet the challenge of these balancing poses.
5. Hip Openers Focuses on stretches to produce greater flexibility and freedom of movement in the hips and lower back.
6. Core Work Pilates and yoga exercises are used to strengthen the key core abdominal and back muscles.
7. Twists and Forward Bends Poses and stretches to create suppleness and flexibility in the hamstrings and back.
8. Relaxation and Meditation The final 10 minutes are set aside for the widely acknowledged mental and physiological benefits of meditation which also enhances the effects of the exercise